Oklahoma football: Matt Romar commits to Sooners
Defensive tackle from Port Arthur, Texas, is fourth defensive tackle since Dec. 14 to commit to Sooners.
With just more than a week to go before signing day, Oklahoma picked up a commitment from defensive tackle Matt Romar, SoonerScoop.com reported Monday night.
Videoview all videos
Jan 28Offensive lineman Johnson might have elevated himself to...
Romar (6-foot-3, 268 pounds) visited Norman this weekend and had a visit to TCU planned for the final weekend before signing day, Feb. 6.
The Port Arthur (Texas) Memorial product is the Sooners' 21st commitment of the 2013 class and the fourth defensive tackle, joining Kerrick Huggins, Quincy Russell and Charles Walker.
All have committed since Dec. 14.
Russell's commitment is nonbinding. He can sign beginning Feb. 6.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19121Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6569Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6311OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5835Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4411Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4396Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater