Oklahoma football: Matt Romar commits to Sooners
Defensive tackle from Port Arthur, Texas, is fourth defensive tackle since Dec. 14 to commit to Sooners.
With just more than a week to go before signing day, Oklahoma picked up a commitment from defensive tackle Matt Romar, SoonerScoop.com reported Monday night.
Videoview all videos
Jan 28Offensive lineman Johnson might have elevated himself to...
Romar (6-foot-3, 268 pounds) visited Norman this weekend and had a visit to TCU planned for the final weekend before signing day, Feb. 6.
The Port Arthur (Texas) Memorial product is the Sooners' 21st commitment of the 2013 class and the fourth defensive tackle, joining Kerrick Huggins, Quincy Russell and Charles Walker.
All have committed since Dec. 14.
Russell's commitment is nonbinding. He can sign beginning Feb. 6.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims