Oklahoma football: Misdemeanor charge against Jalen Saunders dropped
In his third game this past season — a 30-13 loss to Notre Dame on Oct. 27 — Saunders caught a school-record eight passes in the first quarter alone, finishing with 15 receptions for 181 yards.
Saunders made perhaps his biggest impact in the Sooners’ final three games of the regular season. In a Nov. 17 win at West Virginia, he caught seven passes for 123 yards, including a 76-yard touchdown.
The next week, when Oklahoma edged Oklahoma State 51-48 in overtime, Saunders had 10 receptions, 162 yards and one score, and added an 81-yard punt return touchdown.
And in Dec. 1’s victory at TCU, Saunders hauled in seven receptions for 108 yards and a touchdown. Hours later, he and Johnson were arrested.
Johnson sat out all of last season after transferring from Arizona. He’ll be a redshirt sophomore next season.
See our commenting and posting policy.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 15085Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9747OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6716Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5465Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5340OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5237Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5225Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash