Oklahoma football: Miss Florida to be part of FSN's broadcast crew for OU-UTEP telecast
Laura McKeeman also covers Tampa Bay Rays for Sun Sports network
Miss Florida Laura McKeeman will be part of FSN's broadcast crew for the OU at UTEP game at 9:30 p.m. Saturday. A University of Florida graduate, McKeeman also is a reporter and analyst for “Rays Live” pregame and postgame shows on the Sun Sports network. She also covers football recruiting for several websites.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
McKeeman, 23, won the Miss Florida crown in July in her third time in the pageant.
“I won $16,000, an incredible amount of money,” she told the Tampa Bay Times. “I was able to pay my parents back for some of my college and still have enough to go to graduate school.”
McKeeman said that she used to be offended when she was compared to veteran sideline reporter Erin Andrews.
“I wanted to be my own person,” she said. “But now I realize she blazed the trail for me. She was one of the first very attractive women to do sports. And she did the research and proved herself.”
Mike Morgan, who broadcasts games for the Gwinnett Braves (the Atlanta Braves' Triple-A team), will do the play-by-play. Former Kansas City Chiefs defensive back J.C. Pearson is the analyst.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims