Oklahoma football: Miss Florida to be part of FSN's broadcast crew for OU-UTEP telecast
Laura McKeeman also covers Tampa Bay Rays for Sun Sports network
Miss Florida Laura McKeeman will be part of FSN's broadcast crew for the OU at UTEP game at 9:30 p.m. Saturday. A University of Florida graduate, McKeeman also is a reporter and analyst for “Rays Live” pregame and postgame shows on the Sun Sports network. She also covers football recruiting for several websites.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
McKeeman, 23, won the Miss Florida crown in July in her third time in the pageant.
“I won $16,000, an incredible amount of money,” she told the Tampa Bay Times. “I was able to pay my parents back for some of my college and still have enough to go to graduate school.”
McKeeman said that she used to be offended when she was compared to veteran sideline reporter Erin Andrews.
“I wanted to be my own person,” she said. “But now I realize she blazed the trail for me. She was one of the first very attractive women to do sports. And she did the research and proved herself.”
Mike Morgan, who broadcasts games for the Gwinnett Braves (the Atlanta Braves' Triple-A team), will do the play-by-play. Former Kansas City Chiefs defensive back J.C. Pearson is the analyst.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in