Oklahoma football: No worries Texas, Miners will take care of Sooners
Texas-El Paso president Diana Natalicio “looking very much forward to welcoming the Sooners to the Sun Bowl.”
UTEP is a heavy underdog for the 2012 season opener Saturday against No. 4 Oklahoma, but the school's president, Diana Natalicio, is confident.
Videoview all videos
Aug 25Roy Finch's position for the Sooners has changed, but his...
Aug 23Jason Kersey talks about UTEP coach Mike Price. OU opens...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Confident enough, she said, to reassure one colleague and OU rival that the Sooners will have more trouble than they think in El Paso.
“I told the president of UT-Austin that we'd do our best to ensure that Oklahoma would be not as competitive after they left El Paso, because we will have shown them a surprise,” Natalicio said in a telephone interview, laughing.
“We're looking very much forward to welcoming the Sooners to the Sun Bowl.”
TONY JEFFERSON LIKES BEING OUT OF THE MEDIA
Tony Jefferson's Twitter account still hasn't returned. He shut it down at the end of July because he thought he needed to focus on football. However, he doesn't think tweeting stops him from anything.
Brennan Clay thought Jefferson would reactivate by the start of preseason camp. Jefferson said last week he'll probably turn it back on eventually, but right now he has other things to focus on.
“It's social media,” Jefferson said. “It never interfered with football or preparation for football. Wasn't like I was sitting in meetings and tweeting. There's a time and a place for everything and I know that. I don't think that affects football. You just have to keep your eye on playing football.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law