Oklahoma football notebook: Aaron Colvin excited about return to cornerback
Oklahoma junior Aaron Colvin missed the entire spring with a shoulder injury, and, during his time off, he made another position change. Colvin will return to cornerback after starting last season at strong safety.
Videoview all videos
Aug 7The Sooners started fall camp with a lot of experience up...
Aug 6OU beat writers Stephanie Kuzydym and Jason Kersey report...
Aug 4Watch the entire press conference, as the Sooners head...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
When receiver Trey Metoyer was at Hargrave Military Academy last year, and not Oklahoma like he wanted to be, Jay Norvell remained one of his biggest supporters.
Norvell, OU's co-offensive coordinator and receivers coach, said he often invoked Cam Newton, the Carolina Panthers quarterback and last year's NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year, as an example of someone powering through disappointing circumstances.
Newton began his career at Florida, but got into trouble and wound up at Blinn College in Brenham, Texas. Norvell was one of the Sooner coaches who tried recruiting Newton to Norman before he ultimately went to Auburn, won the Heisman Trophy and led the Tigers to the national championship.
“I try to use the example of Cam Newton with him,” Norvell said. “He went from the penthouse of Florida to Blinn junior college in central Texas in the middle of nowhere, with nothing but tumbleweeds out there.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14862OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11951Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8347Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6661Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6166Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5685Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4422Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?