Oklahoma football notebook: Bob Stoops weighs in on upside-down Hook 'Em Horns
Stoops said, “ ... they don't seem to have a problem with it when they're doing well and they put it in everyone else's face, so when they're not doing so, and someone else does it, you get it the other way.”
Videoview all videos
Nov 8Lynn writes, "I thought the reason that people gesture...
Nov 7Did Justin Brown's bobbling catch finish on top? Or did...
Nov 5The Sooners senior quarterback steos up to the podium to...
Nov 5OU's head coach learns of Brennan Clay's alter ego, Toby,...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“I just need to learn as much as I can (from the seniors), so the younger guys ... when they get out there I can help them,” Ndulue said. “I can tell them what to do as much as I can. So they can ball like they're supposed to.”
UPDATE ON WILLIAMS, JOHNSON
Oklahoma junior running back Damien Williams and senior offensive tackle Lane Johnson were each severely limited last week at Iowa State, and Stoops said Wednesday they are each improving.
Both starters suffered ankle injuries in the Sooners' Oct. 27 home loss to Notre Dame.
“They practiced more this week,” Stoops said. “Lane has been out there a lot more. He says he feels a lot better.
“Damien, same thing, he's been in more, but you know how it is. With a running back, we'll probably have to wait and see where that goes by Friday. I'm sure it'll be Saturday, warming up, same kind of thing. See how well he feels and how well he can really cut.”
Williams is the Sooners' leading rusher; with his limitations last week, junior Brennan Clay stepped in and rushed for a career-high 157 yards.
Sophomore Tyrus Thompson started in Johnson's place at tackle last week. Johnson played only on special teams during the Sooners' game at Iowa State.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21368Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17546Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12345Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9430Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9175Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9080Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8212Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense