Oklahoma football notebook: Kansas State focused on Sooners', Landry Jones' weaknesses
Kansas State defensive end Adam Davis told ESPN that the Wildcats tried to attack Landry Jones' blind side.
What happened on Saturday to then-No. 6 Oklahoma? The Sooners and quarterback Landry Jones didn't have the performance they wanted, but how did Kansas State come away with holding a top-10 team to just 13 points?
Videoview all videos
Sep 23Berry Tramel and Jason Kersey talk about how the Wildcats...
Sep 23Landry Jones committed two costly turnovers, and Blake...
Photoview all 95 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
They exploited the weaknesses they could find. Kansas State's defensive end Adam Davis explained.
“I noticed it in the first half,” Davis said to ESPN of Jones seeming uncomfortable. “When we'd get upfield, he'd start jabbing his feet real quick and moving. That let us know that he don't like nobody in his blind side, and we tried to attack it all night.”
That attack caused the offense to be sporadic in tempo and play, and it caused OU's most prolific passer to have a one-touchdown night.
“What we did all week was worked on trying to flush him out of the pocket, because we know he ain't good with pressure,” Davis said. “If we get to his blind side, he's going to get jittery and try to move out the pocket and scoot up and stuff. We tried to get our D-tackles to cause pressure on the edge and try to get him.”
OKLAHOMA OFFENSE STICKS BEHIND LANDRY JONES
Even though Jones said that Saturday night's loss was “probably on” him and that he played “terrible,” the offense and coach Bob Stoops didn't really criticize the fourth-year starter's performance.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12097Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11309Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6870Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6485Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4833Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4317OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3653Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law