Oklahoma football notebook: Lane Johnson, Bronson Irwin provide latest O-line scares
The overall thinness of Oklahoma's offensive line has been well-documented throughout the 2012 football season, which is why every time any of the current starters gets dinged up, there is great cause for concern among Sooner fans.
Videoview all videos
Nov 3Landry Jones threw four touchdown passes and Brennan Clay...
Nov 3Berry Tramel and Jason Kersey recap the Sooners'...
Photoview all 47 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
FOCUS SHIFTS TO BAYLOR
Oklahoma's defense was embarrassed last season when the Sooners lost 45-38 to Baylor, which was led that night on a last-minute, game-winning touchdown drive by eventual Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III.
It was the first-ever Baylor win in series history, and now, OU senior defensive tackle Jamarkus McFarland said, the Sooners can think about it.
“It's on our mind fresh now,” McFarland said. “We turn our minds to a new opponent once we finish one. That's where our focuses shift, too. We'll watch a little tape of last year and reminisce a little bit and use it as momentum.”
The Bears, meanwhile, are down a notch from last season. Baylor opened its season 3-0, but lost four straight games to open Big 12 play. Coach Art Briles' team finally earned a conference win Saturday, topping Kansas 41-14.
“On behalf of the team and the coaching staff, what a relief,” Briles said Saturday after the KU win. “We feel like we have been carrying a burden the last three or four weeks, so it's a relief to go out there and play well.”
Senior quarterback Landry Jones, on moving forward into the final four games of the regular season:
“Our mindset and mentality is the season isn't over yet. We have two losses. Maybe the national championship is out of our grasp, but you never know in college football. You never know what's going to happen. We want to put ourselves in position to have a chance at the end of the year, be in the best position possible for sure.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10625Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9988Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9782Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6778Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4215Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4087Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates