Oklahoma football notebook: Quarterback Drew Allen 'committed to this program'
Under certain circumstances, Allen can transfer to another FBS school without having to sit out a season.
Oklahoma third-string quarterback Drew Allen, a junior, said he “hasn't decided anything yet” regarding his future.
“I know I'm graduating in May so I'm really excited about that,” Allen said.
Videoview all videos
Dec 30Aggies freshman quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner...
Dec 30Johnny Manziel and the Aggies met the media on Sunday....
Photoview all 17 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Sophomore Blake Bell supplanted Allen as senior Landry Jones' backup during fall camp. Since then, with Bell presumed to be the favorite to start next season — plus the emergence of true freshman Trevor Knight, who has starred on the scout team — there has been speculation that Allen might transfer.
Because he'll graduate and still have a year of eligibility remaining, Allen could, under certain circumstances, transfer to another FBS school without having to sit out a season.
“The option's there,” Allen acknowledged. “My goals and aspirations since I came to college were to play. I've always wanted to play here and have a significant role here and I'd love to do that.
“To be honest, right now, not much of it has come up other than to get ready for A&M, Cotton Bowl and then I have a week to just kind of — right now, I'm a Sooner, obviously, so I'm only worried about that.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21911Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17670Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12642Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10331Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9974Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9639Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7768OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures