Oklahoma football notebook: Quarterback Drew Allen 'committed to this program'
Under certain circumstances, Allen can transfer to another FBS school without having to sit out a season.
Videoview all videos
Dec 30Aggies freshman quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner...
Dec 30Johnny Manziel and the Aggies met the media on Sunday....
Photoview all 17 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel, who became the first freshman to win the Heisman Trophy earlier this month, said he talked to former Oklahoma star Sam Bradford, who won the 2008 Heisman, on the phone recently.
“He just said I had his vote,” Manziel said. “He said, ‘Just keep doing what you're doing; good luck with everything.'”
Manziel, who led Texas A&M to a 10-2 record in its first season in the Southeastern Conference, threw for 3,419 yards and 24 touchdowns, and rushed for 1,181 yards and 19 scores this season.
Landry Jones, on his OU career beginning and ending in Cowboys Stadium:
“It has been a ride. It's been fun and I have been extremely blessed to come this far in my career to have a chance to end it where I started it. I am thankful that God has allowed me to do great things at the University of Oklahoma.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims