Oklahoma football notebook: Tony Jefferson won't divulge NFL Draft grade
Videoview all videos
Dec 31Most attention will be focused on Texas A&M's freshman...
Dec 30Aggies freshman quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner...
Dec 30Johnny Manziel and the Aggies met the media on Sunday....
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
OU pulled to within three points with around eight minutes left; that's when linebacker Torrance Marshall picked off a Mark Farris pass and returned in 41 yards for the go-ahead, game winning touchdown.
“It speaks to who that team was,” Heupel said. “How we approached every game, every week. One-game mentality. Toughness, competitiveness and belief in each other that allowed us to go on and win a championship.”
IKARD WOULD PREFER ONE POSITION
Oklahoma junior offensive lineman Gabe Ikard came to Oklahoma a tight end, moved to offensive guard and then played center last season when Ben Habern was injured.
When Habern decided to prematurely end his career in late July, Ikard became the Sooners' center again.
Then in the regular-season finale at TCU, when sophomore guard Adam Shead left the game injured, Ikard shifted back to guard, and true freshman Ty Darlington played center.
“It's definitely more comforting when you're only going to play one position,” Ikard said. “The guys go down or guys are a little hobbled, you've got to do what coaches ask you to do.
“I'm usually that utility guy that gets to some random spot. It's just the way coach (James) Patton wants me to do it.”
Oklahoma junior cornerback Aaron Colvin, on his 8:30 a.m., media session New Year's Day.
“It's hurting. I love ya'll, but not today.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 87014Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 81959Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34908Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 32757Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 16053Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13176Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 10447Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive