Oklahoma football notebook: Why Josh Heupel brought out Blake Bell on Bedlam's opening drive
The OU offensive coordinator talks about Blake Bell's appearance on a second-and-7 play in which the backup quarterback handed the ball off to Roy Finch.
Videoview all videos
Nov 28Was that the best Bedlam game ever? Who's having the...
Nov 28Has the Sooners' defense changed or are the offenses...
Photoview all photos
As for making SportsCenter's No. 1 play, Stills found out when he got some texts while he was out that night.
“That doesn't really change anything, I guess,” Stills said about the highlight. “Just helped us win.”
CLAY STILL ‘THE SAME OLD BRENNAN'
Brennan Clay started the season as OU's third-string running back, but he's a big part of why the Sooners went undefeated in November.
It started with his career performance at Iowa State, carried on into his run that helped set up Stills' touchdown in West Virginia and ended the month with his rush into the end zone in Bedlam's first overtime to give Oklahoma the win.
Stills said Clay's November performance just shows who he is, his “true character.”
“There are plenty of times he could have shut it down and said, 'Forget it' but he's still the hardest working guy in that group,” Stills said. “When his time came, he took advantage of it again like he did at Iowa State.
“I was just proud of him. I know he probably shed a few tears. It's good when you work hard and something like that comes to you.”
But despite all that, the Sooners will make sure that Clay stays grounded.
Stills said they joke and call him “Superstar.”
“He's the same old Brennan,” Stills said. “We always give the guys that do really well a hard time just to make sure they don't get a big head. We just let them know that in our minds he hasn't changed.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims