Oklahoma football: OU-Texas Tech on ABC; Bob Stoops praises Tom Osborne
Oklahoma's game Saturday at Texas Tech will be televised regionally by ABC (Cox 8), and will be available nationally on ESPN2.
Oklahoma's game Saturday at Texas Tech will be televised regionally by ABC (Cox 8), and will be available nationally on ESPN2 via a reverse mirror, the Big 12 Conference announced Sunday.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Saturday's game represents the 20th meeting between the two schools; Oklahoma leads the all-time series 13-6, but lost to Tech last year 41-38 in Norman.
The Sooners have lost their last three games inside Jones AT&T Stadium, dating back to a controversial 2005 loss, when Tech running back Taurean Henderson was awarded a 2-yard touchdown run as time expired.
The score was upheld on review, but later replays showed Henderson's knee might have been down before he broke the plane.
OU was routed 41-13 during its last trip to Lubbock in 2009, when quarterback Landry Jones started as a redshirt freshman.
STOOPS PRAISES OSBORNE
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops joined the chorus of praise for outgoing Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne last week, calling him an amazing example of leadership.
“What an absolutely amazing career,” Stoops said of Osborne, who was Nebraska's football coach from 1973-97, winning three national championships.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say