Oklahoma football: Q&A with defensive back Javon Harris
During Oklahoma's 41-20 victory over Texas Tech, Sooners defensive back Aaron Colvin tipped a pass. Javon Harris intercepted it returned it for a touchdown. Soon after, the Texas Tech crowd began to make its way out of Jones Stadium with 8:40 remaining in the third quarter.
During Oklahoma's 41-20 victory over Texas Tech, Sooners defensive back Aaron Colvin tipped a pass. Javon Harris intercepted it returned it for a touchdown. Soon after, the Texas Tech crowd began to make its way out of Jones Stadium with 8:40 remaining in the third quarter. The interception was Harris' second of this season and the fifth of his career. The pick-six was the first of his career. Harris sat down with The Oklahoman after the victory.
Videoview all videos
Oct 7OU avenged last season's shocking loss, as Landry Jones...
Oct 12The Sooners get a big win in Lubbock, Berry and Jason...
Photoview all 53 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Was that a good feeling to score a touchdown and see all the fans walk out of the stadium?
Ha. Yeah, it was a good feeling but I have to give credit to (Colvin) on that play. He had the pass deflection. I just took advantage of the opportunity of the ball being in the air to take it in.
What did it feel like to go on the road and put away a team in the third quarter?
We just wanted to come out, start fast, finish fast from halftime until the end of the game. You gotta finish a game out strong and to put the game away the way we did is great. We just have to continue to work on everything we've been working on and we played good.
On that touchdown, what went through your head specifically when you saw it coming?
Make sure I catch the ball. The one thing we've been working on is these turnovers and making sure I have the ball and then just take it as far as I could. All I saw was the end zone when I caught it.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 37007Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32519Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27986Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 8311Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6200OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3643College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3643Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?