Oklahoma football: Receivers must boost physicality, says Jay Norvell
Videoview all videos
Sep 18Jason Kersey talks about Oklahoma's Tony Jefferson coming...
Sep 18How many players on the OU roster are from Kansas?
Sep 18The Sooners' senior quarterback steps up to the podium as...
Sep 11The defensive lineman is back at practice, could play...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Much of Snyder's success in turning Kansas State around — twice — has been an intense attention to small details. Junior guard Bronson Irwin said that's something OU will have to match Saturday.
“Their talent level is very good,” Irwin said, “but they're very fundamentally sound. That's the thing about them; they're very good with gap responsibilities. They're very good with being where they're supposed to be and not getting out of position.
“You have to make sure you're on the right paths, so you can be in position to block your man.”
The Kansas State defense has sacked the opposing quarterback eight times through its three games. OU quarterbacks have been taken down six times in the Sooners' two games.
STOOPS: WALKER LOOKS THE SAME
Senior Casey Walker will return to the Oklahoma defensive tackle rotation Saturday, making his first appearance of the season.
He left the team for undisclosed personal reasons days before the season opener at UTEP but returned to practice at the beginning of last week.
“He looked like the same old guy out there working, so we're excited to have him back,” Stoops said. “I expect him to play well.”
Walker, a fifth-year senior who redshirted in 2008 as a freshman, has appeared in 22 games over the past three seasons, earning 12 starts.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 58670Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34839Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 11019Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8824Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5821Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3796OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins