Oklahoma football recruiting: Baltimore DE Charles Tapper excited to 'experience new things' in Norman
Not even the 1,400 miles separating Norman and Baltimore was enough to keep Charles Tapper from committing to the Sooners.
Defensive end prospect Charles Tapper admitted it is a long way from Baltimore to Norman. It did not stop him, though, from committing in July to play for the Sooners.
Videoview all videos
Feb 1Interview with Heritage Hall's Sterling Shepard after he...
Feb 1Berry Tramel and Travis Haney discuss the Sooners'...
Feb 1Jenni Carlson and Ryan Aber talk about James Flanders, a...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“I love the city of Baltimore, but I also wanted to experience new things and experience new places,” Tapper told The Sun in July. “I don't even know what I expect to see (at OU). I think I'm going to have a great time.”
Tapper's ability to impress in workouts in 2010 and early 2011, including one prior to the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, is what attracted the Sooners and others to the recruit who even describes himself as “raw.”
“Hopefully I will get to play early,” he told the newspaper. “They say as long as I work hard, the sky's the limit.”
Miami and West Virginia continued to pursue the 6-foot-4, 255-pound Tapper, and he considered visits to those campuses, but he ultimately stayed firm with OU. Penn State and Rutgers had also offered Tapper.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister