Oklahoma football recruiting notebook: Jordan Smallwood happy to see in-state athletes commit to OU
Jenks' Jordan Smallwood was glad to be joined in the last month by Tulsa Washington's Dominique Alexander and Norman North's Jordan Evans as well as 2014 running back Devon Thomas of Broken Arrow.
Jenks receiver Jordan Smallwood has been committed to Oklahoma for months, the third in-state commit behind Tulsa East Central's Stanvon Taylor and D.J. Ward, then of Lawton.
Smallwood was glad to be joined in the last month by Tulsa Washington's Dominique Alexander and Norman North's Jordan Evans as well as 2014 running back Devon Thomas of Broken Arrow.
“It's getting to be a lot of them,” Smallwood said after helping Jenks finish off a 55-20 win over Evans' Norman North team Friday night to take the Class 6A title. “Oklahoma's starting to step up recruiting in the state.”
Smallwood and Evans met at the Bedlam game in Norman last week but didn't talk much.
“We couldn't really since we were about to have to play each other,” Smallwood said. “But I'm glad he came on board.”
FORD COMES UP BIG
In a battle of Sooner commitments, Cypress (Texas) Ranch running back Keith Ford came out on top.
Ford scored in the final minute Saturday to lift Cy Ranch to a 43-42 win over wide receiver Austin Bennett's Manvel squad.
Cy Ranch trailed 42-28 before coming to win behind the powerful running of Ford.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11884OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10282Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7018Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5955Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5764Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4633Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4517Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers