Oklahoma football: Roy Finch working to earn more playing time
The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey, Stephanie Kuzydym, Jenni Carlson and Mike Sherman provided live coverage from OU football's weekly press conference today. It followed the Sooners' 69-13 win over Florida A&M. The Sooners take on Kansas State on Sept. 22 in Norman.
University of Oklahoma offensive coordinator Josh Heupel said running back/slot receiver Roy Finch is working to earn more playing time.
"We all know what type of talent Roy is.....ultimately, we are asking all of our guys to buy in," said Heupel, who was filling in at the weekly press conference for Sooners coach Bob Stoops who was at a funeral.
Finch saw his first substantial playing time of the season Saturday in the Sooners 69-13 win over Florida A&M. He had five carries for 50 yards and a touchdown.
Here is a look at what else Heupel, co-offensive coordinator Jay Norvell and defensive coordinator Mike Stoops had to say on Monday:
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12576OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6843Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6546Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5838Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4955Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4777Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers