Oklahoma football: Safety Tony Jefferson misses week of practice
The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey, Stephanie Kuzydym, Anthony Slater and Jenni Carlson provided live coverage of Bob Stoops' press conference at OU today. It followed a bye weekend for the Sooners. Oklahoma (6) takes on Kansas State (15) on Saturday in Norman.
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said junior safety Tony Jefferson did not practice last week, but should be back on the field Monday and will be reevaluated after practice.
Jefferson injured his right ankle in the Sooners' win over Florida A&M on Sept. 8.
Late in the first quarter against FAMU, Jefferson hobbled off the field, got his ankle taped and returned a play later. He walked off the field hurt again after that play. That's when the trainers put Jefferson in a boot and had him sit out the rest of the game.
"If it was a tighter, tougher game he could have probably played," Stoops said then, "but we didn't feel we needed to do that."
Stoops met with the media on Monday to set up the Sooners' showdown with No. 15 Kansas State.
Here is a look at what else Stoops had to say on Monday:
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
Videoview all videos
Sep 13Jenni Carlson and Stephanie Kuzydym talk about some of...
Sep 13Jenni Carlson and Jason Kersey talk about whether or not...
- 18669Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9301Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7759Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6777UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6417Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed