Oklahoma football: Sooners QB Landry Jones says Notre Dame 'flat out beat us'
NORMAN — Landry Jones pulled the straps on the side of his helmet with fury and threw his hands to his sides.
He'd thrown another pass that was dropped. The fourth-year starter finished the game 35-for-51 with one interception in Oklahoma's second loss this season. Notre Dame won 30-13.
Videoview all videos
Oct 28Oklahoma managed only 15 rushing yards on the night, as...
Oct 28Berry Tramel and Jason Kersey examine the Sooners' 30-13...
Oct 27ESPN's Chris Fowler talks about the Game Day crew picking...
Photoview all 117 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
How do you think you guys played tonight?
We moved it well. We threw and caught it well. Probably wanted to get the run game going more than we did tonight. Credit to Notre Dame. They're a good defense, they don't give up a lot of points and they kind of controlled this point.
Was Notre Dame better defensively than you were offensively?
Yeah. They kind of just beat us. They were better tonight.
Can you describe what happened with Gabe Ikard on the missed snap in the first quarter?
Yeah. We were going tempo and refs were kind of late with the ball. We decided to go non-tempo and just miscommunication between me and Gabe. It's nobody's fault. It's just a miscommunication. That's not Gabe's fault. It's not my fault. It's just one of the things that happens.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 63590Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38050Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 34916Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13810Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12686Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive