Oklahoma football: Sooners will experience 'growing pains' with Landry Jones' replacement
The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey took questions from readers in today's OU Power Lunch Chat. Join our Power Lunch Chats Monday-Friday at 11 a.m. on NewsOK.com/Sports. Here's a recap of today's chat.
What are the chances Laquon Treadwell winds up at OU?
OU has to feel pretty good about their chances right now. He's narrowed his list to OU, OSU and Ole Miss and made a comment about wearing No. 1 next year (It's available at OU, it's not at OSU). He seemed to love his visit to Norman and has some family ties to the area (though he also has some family ties to OSU from my understanding). He'd be a nice add to the class, of course, as the top wide receiver in the country, but he's not a must-have for a team with a solid group of WRs coming in on the heels of last year's class.
Any word on Saunders yet?
No, Bob Stoops said Jalen Saunders' Cotton Bowl status hadn't been determined yet. He's issued one-game suspensions in the past for arrests, but said he'll decide what to do about Saunders soon and let everyone know.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad