Oklahoma football: Sooners will experience 'growing pains' with Landry Jones' replacement
The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey took questions from readers in today's OU Power Lunch Chat. Join our Power Lunch Chats Monday-Friday at 11 a.m. on NewsOK.com/Sports. Here's a recap of today's chat.
What are the chances Laquon Treadwell winds up at OU?
OU has to feel pretty good about their chances right now. He's narrowed his list to OU, OSU and Ole Miss and made a comment about wearing No. 1 next year (It's available at OU, it's not at OSU). He seemed to love his visit to Norman and has some family ties to the area (though he also has some family ties to OSU from my understanding). He'd be a nice add to the class, of course, as the top wide receiver in the country, but he's not a must-have for a team with a solid group of WRs coming in on the heels of last year's class.
Any word on Saunders yet?
No, Bob Stoops said Jalen Saunders' Cotton Bowl status hadn't been determined yet. He's issued one-game suspensions in the past for arrests, but said he'll decide what to do about Saunders soon and let everyone know.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims