Oklahoma football: The Oklahoman's OU-Iowa State picks
The Oklahoman's writers make their picks for Saturday's game.
Here is a look at how our crew picked Saturday's game:
BERRY TRAMEL, Columnist
* OU 31, Iowa State 15: Dom Whaley returns from the Federal Witness Protection program.
Videoview all videos
Nov 2Nov. 2, 2012: Mike Sherman and Gina Mizell Google Hangout...
Nov 1Where is the Sooner's motivation now that the team is out...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
JENNI CARLSON, Columnist
* OU 31, Iowa State 17: This would be a trap game if not for OU's less-than-stellar performance last week. The Sooners will be motivated.
JASON KERSEY, OU beat writer
* OU 35, Iowa State 17: Oklahoma finds itself in a close struggle with the Cyclones at halftime, but pulls away in the second half to win relatively comfortably.
STEPHANIE KUZYDYM, OU beat writer
* OU 35, Iowa State 17: Trey Millard gets the touches and Jalen Saunders gets the catches to lead Oklahoma both on the ground and in the air.
RYAN ABER, OU recruiting
* OU 35, Iowa State 21: The emergence of Jalen Saunders continues as he finds the end zone for the first time in a Sooners win.
MIKE BALDWIN, Beat Baldwin
* OU 31, Iowa State 21: Cyclones defense is good but not good enough to pull off patented upset in Ames.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 73942Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30870Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27865Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 22757Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6762Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6400Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 6313Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City