Oklahoma football: The Oklahoman's picks for OU-Notre Dame
Here is a look at how The Oklahoman's college football coverage team picked Saturday's game:
BERRY TRAMEL, Columnist
* OU 23, Notre Dame 7: Two good defenses, just one good offense.
Videoview all videos
Oct 26The Fighting Irish visited The Children's Center in...
Oct 26Oct. 26, 2012: Mike Sherman leads a Google Hangout...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
JENNI CARLSON, Columnist
* OU 24, Notre Dame 16: The Irish are going to have to score defensive touchdowns to win -- and I just don't think there's any way they can score enough.
JASON KERSEY, OU beat writer
* OU 27, Notre Dame 13: Landry Jones delivers two lengthy TD passes in the first half, forcing Notre Dame's offense to play from behind. Led by those quarterbacks, in that stadium and with inspired OU fans jumping around, the Fighting Irish are incapable of a comeback to save their perfect record and shot at the BCS title game.
STEPHANIE KUZYDYM, OU beat writer
* Notre Dame 17, OU 14: The Sooners' run gets stuffed and The Irish's defense doesn't give Landry Jones enough open receivers to escape history.
RYAN ABER, OU recruiting
* OU 24, Notre Dame 14: ND defense is the real deal but Sooners have some success through the air and come out with second-ever win over the Irish.
MIKE BALDWIN, Beat Baldwin
* OU 27, Notre Dame 14: Irish have a slightly better defense but Sooners have a much more potent offense.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 46837Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15035Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9615Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8305Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8125Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7398Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7351Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena