Oklahoma football: The Oklahoman's picks for OU vs. West Virginia
Here is a look at how our coverage crew picked Saturday's game:
BERRY TRAMEL, Columnist
* OU 48, West Virginia 38: Sooners get a TD from both its defense and its kicking team.
Videoview all videos
Nov 16Berry Tramel meets up with old friend Jonathan Kimble -...
Nov 16Football Friday Hangout: Nov. 16, 2012
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
JENNI CARLSON, Columnist
* OU 49, West Virginia 27: Still wishing this game had stood up to the preseason hype. Alas, West Virginia's defense hasn't stood up to anyone.
JASON KERSEY, OU beat writer
* OU 56, West Virginia 31: Landry Jones tosses five TDs, at least two of which are for 50-plus yards. Geno Smith has a solid individual day, but his atrocious defensive counterparts make it impossible for him to keep up with OU.
STEPHANIE KUZYDYM, OU beat writer
* OU 38, West Virginia 17: Geno Smith puts up a fight but Oklahoma's front line gets the sacks and the secondary grabs three picks.
RYAN ABER, OU recruiting
* OU 35, West Virginia 28: Thought this would be the Big 12 game of the year but even with the Mountaineers' recent disappointments, OU doesn't dominate.
MIKE BALDWIN, Beat Baldwin
* OU 38, West Virginia 28: Sooners can't let the Mountaineers offense hang around but OU defense vastly superior.