Oklahoma football: UTEP to begin selling tickets to its opener vs. Sooners
Tickets will go on sale at 11 a.m. central Saturday.
Oklahoma fans willing to make the long trip to El Paso, Texas, for the Sooners' 2012 season opener can purchases tickets beginning Saturday morning, UTEP's athletic department announced Friday night.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Tickets will be made available at 11 a.m. (Oklahoma time) central time and can be purchased online at TicketMaster.com, or through the university's ticket center by calling (915) 747-5234. The ticket center is open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
Ticket prices are $25 for general admission, $35 for bronze reserved, $60 for silver reserved and $70 for gold reserved.
Friday's announcement bumped the date up by two days; UTEP had originally planned to make single-game tickets to its first five home games available Monday.
JESSE PAULSEN IS ON SCHOLARSHIP
Senior Jesse Paulsen earned a scholarship at defensive back, but the news for Paulsen doesn't end there. Tony Jefferson said Paulsen's the No. 2 guy behind him. The Albuquerque, N.M., native played in 13 games during the last two seasons for the Sooners.
“Jesse is a hard player,” Jefferson said. “Many people don't' know, but he works hard. We had him on special teams last year, and he stepped up in the scrimmage and was making plays.”
2011 DISAPPOINTMENTS FUEL R.J. WASHINGTON
Last season's lingering disappointment (at least by OU's standards) still eats at senior defensive end R.J. Washington.
“It wasn't even that we lost three games, it was how we lost them and what we were doing,” a reflective Washington said Friday afternoon. “Missing class and little things where it's like, if we could have just been a little more disciplined, if we had gone out to practice with a little more enthusiasm, focused a little bit more... We are grown enough to look back and reflect on it and just say, ‘I'm tired of the 'What ifs?'”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14121OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13945Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8893Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6932Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5880Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5330Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5280Student shot dead during botched home invasion