Oklahoma football: Welcome to My World with punter Tress Way
The Oklahoma punter talks about his Ping-Pong skills, teaming up with his brother Cole Way and the advice he gets from his parents.
It doesn't take much for Tress Way to talk. It's not that the senior punter is boastful. He could be if he wanted to be — he's had former players tell him he'll go down as Oklahoma's greatest punter. It's really more that once you get Way talking, he gets pretty interesting. The Oklahoman recently chatted with Way about his life, his last days as the Sooners' punter, and his brother Cole, who's the Tulsa punter. Tress and Cole both played high school football at Tulsa Union.
Videoview all videos
Nov 16Berry Tramel meets up with old friend Jonathan Kimble -...
Nov 16Football Friday Hangout: Nov. 16, 2012
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
I just start telling you my world?
I'm the president of Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Tuesday nights, we have our FCA meeting.
I'm literally unbeatable at Ping-Pong. I don't know why. There's just nobody that can beat me. There's nobody on the team. My closest competitor is my little brother Cole.
I'm serious. I'm not bragging.
I know I'm coming off cocky, but I'm just being honest.
My mom was a state champion tennis player.
My little brother and I can't lose if we're playing together.
Kevin Durant and (Russell) Westbrook. They wouldn't be able to beat us in two-on-two basketball.
My little brother means the world to me. He's the punter at Tulsa.
Big-time family guy. I love my family. I'm glad I get to see them every weekend.
I have the most beautiful girlfriend in the world named Brianna Turang, who plays softball here.
I have a reason to smile every single day. I'm never really in a bad mood.
My dad's one of the smoothest talkers in the world and my mom has the biggest heart in the world.
My little brother and I like to say we have all of their strengths and none of their weaknesses.
My mom always told me to be a (Mickey) Mantle and not a (Roger) Maris when I'm talking to the media.
A lot of people tell me, ‘Tress, we love seeing you play, but we really don't love seeing you play.'
My dad always told me to keep your head up and your chin down.
The secret? The first is that it's a God-given gift and the second is cold tubs. The cold tubs keep my legs fresh.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit