Oklahoma football: WR Sterling Shepard a rare bright spot in Sooners loss to Kansas State
NORMAN — Written on his wristbands were the words, ‘RIP, Shep,' so that when Sterling Shepard made and ‘x' with his arms everybody knew what his father meant to him. So much was running through his head when he scored his first career touchdown, Shepard didn't have time to kneel, but he said that next time he hopes his mind will be calm.
Videoview all videos
Sep 23Berry Tramel and Jason Kersey talk about how the Wildcats...
Sep 23Landry Jones committed two costly turnovers, and Blake...
Photoview all 95 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Shepard's father, Derrick, passed away in 1999 of a massive heart attack. Sterling Shepard was 6 years old at the time.
Shepard logged his first career start with the Sooners on Saturday and made the most of it with seven catches for 108 yards and a touchdown.
Were the turnovers due to miscommunication or guys not making the right play?
It was a big game and a lot of stuff was running through your head. I think sometimes things happen like that and you just have to play through them. We definitely have to narrow the turnovers down and that will help a lot.
It seemed like Landry was central to several of those turnovers. How would you assess his performance tonight?
Landry's a great player and sometimes nights aren't the way you expect them to be, but he's going to come back and he's going to come back strong.
You had a lot of success. How were you able to find seams in Kansas State's defense?
Yeah. I just tried to look them off and get open and it worked out for me tonight so hopefully I can keep on doing it.
Coach Stoops said he addressed you guys after the game, what did he say?
He just told us, 'It's how are we going to come back and respond. Teams can lose and then not come back at all, but we've got to come back strong and get ready for Texas Tech.'
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13704Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13572OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9488Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7226Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6986Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5704Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5041Student shot dead during botched home invasion