Oklahoma football: WR Sterling Shepard has a 'special feel' at slot receiver
Oklahoma Coach Bob Stoops met with the media prior to Saturday's season opener vs. UTEP. Here is a look at what Stoops had to say.
Sterling Shepard is at the top of a long list of freshmen Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops expects to play and immediately contribute for the Sooners.
Stoops, speaking at his weekly press conference, brought up Shepard unsolicited and said the freshman out of Heritage Hall had a "special feel" at the slot receiver position. Shepard is listed as Kenny Stills' backup at that position.
Other freshman Stoops indicated would play were Trey Metoyer (WR), Durron Neal (WR), Taylor McNamara (TE), Ty Darlington (OL), Gary Simon (DB), Charles Tapper (DL), Michael Onuoha (DL), Eric Striker (LB) and Zack Sanchez (DB).The Sooners open the season Saturday at UTEP. Kickoff is set for 9:30 p.m.
Here is a look at what else Stoops had to say during his press conference and our coverage team's analysis:
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
Videoview all videos
Aug 27OU's senior quarterback is excited about the potential...
Aug 27OU's head coach steps to the podium, as the Sooners...
Photoview all 6 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims