Oklahoma Hall of Fame announces inductees
The 2009 inductees into the Oklahoma Hall of Fame were announced Friday. The honorees are C. Kendric Fergeson of Altus; Marlin "Ike” Glass Jr. of Newkirk; V. Burns Hargis of Stillwater; Polly Nichols of Oklahoma City; Lee Roy Selmon of Eufaula; Steven W. Taylor of McAlester; and Wayman Lawrence Tisdale of Tulsa. The seven nominees were announced during a reunion of past Hall of Fame inductees at the Gaylord-Pickens Oklahoma Heritage Museum. The honorees will be inducted Nov. 12 into the Hall of Fame. So far, 628 people have been inducted into the Oklahoma Hall of Fame since 1928.
NewsOK Related Articles
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36528Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32802Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32453Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8406Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5462OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3890Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3494College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals