Oklahoma Hall of Fame announces inductees
The 2009 inductees into the Oklahoma Hall of Fame were announced Friday. The honorees are C. Kendric Fergeson of Altus; Marlin "Ike” Glass Jr. of Newkirk; V. Burns Hargis of Stillwater; Polly Nichols of Oklahoma City; Lee Roy Selmon of Eufaula; Steven W. Taylor of McAlester; and Wayman Lawrence Tisdale of Tulsa. The seven nominees were announced during a reunion of past Hall of Fame inductees at the Gaylord-Pickens Oklahoma Heritage Museum. The honorees will be inducted Nov. 12 into the Hall of Fame. So far, 628 people have been inducted into the Oklahoma Hall of Fame since 1928.
NewsOK Related Articles
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit