Oklahoma high school football playoffs: The Oklahoman's picks
The Oklahoman's writers make their picks for each class of the high school football playoffs.
Consensus: Jenks. The Trojans haven't won a title since 2007 but Trey'Vonne Barr'e, Jordan Smallwood and Co. look like the pick this season.
Photoview all 41 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Ryan Aber: Tulsa Union. Entering the playoffs, Jenks is playing better, but there is something about Kirk Fridrich's teams come playoff time.
Ed Godfrey: Jenks. I would love to pick a team from Edmond or Norman, but until the west proves it can win a title, it's Jenks.
Scott Wright: Jenks. With Trey'Vonne Barr'e heating up in the run game, the Trojans look primed to snap Union's run atop 6A.
Consensus: Tulsa East Central. The only team in 5A to go undefeated on the field is expected to win the school's first state title since 2005.
Ryan Aber: Tulsa East Central. East Central hasn't always done it pretty, but the Cardinals found a way to get it done and that continues through the playoffs.
Ed Godfrey: Deer Creek. If not for blown call at Guthrie, the Antlers would be unbeaten.
Scott Wright: Tulsa East Central. The most talent of any team in the class, and they know how to win tight games.
Consensus: Wagoner. Lawrence Evitt might be the best offensive player in the state in any class.
Ryan Aber: Cascia Hall. In a rematch of last season's Class 3A title game, Joe Medina's Commandos come out on top.
Ed Godfrey: Wagoner. The Bulldogs have Division I talent and will repeat as champs.
Scott Wright: Wagoner. If you don't know who Wagoner RB Lawrence Evitt is yet, you will four weeks from now.
Consensus: Kingfisher. The Yellowjackets didn't face much difficulty during the regular season, but Jeff Myers' bunch has everything it takes to win a title.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 87104Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16817OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12528Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9682Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8846Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation