Oklahoma House priorities
NewsOK Related Articles
• Reinvesting in Oklahoma through a “pay-as-you-go” budget, rather than relying upon bonds and increasing the state's indebtedness.
• Using growing revenues to reinstate full funding for core public sector services, including education, transportation and public safety.
• Protecting Oklahoma's revenue stream and tax base by opposing reductions in the state personal income tax.
• The expansion of Medicaid and access to affordable health care for all Oklahomans.
• Increasing funds for mental health care.
• Continuing support for the Transportation Department's eight-year plan to fix roads and infrastructure.
• Increasing funding for the corrections and public safety departments to pay for increased salaries for corrections officers, and adding corrections and law enforcement officers, state troopers and employees at the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation and the medical examiner's office.
• Reinstating funding to public schools and programs such as the National Board Certified teacher bonuses.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14355OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8524Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6282Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6264Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5946Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5763Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4015As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in