Oklahoma inmate stabbed to death in prison
STRINGTOWN, Okla. (AP) — Corrections officials say an inmate at a southeast Oklahoma prison has been stabbed to death by three other inmates.
Mack Alford Correctional Center warden's assistant Trent Griffin says 23-year-old Deshawn Reed was pronounced dead shortly after the attack Thursday. Griffin tells the McAlester News-Capital that three inmates used homemade knives to attack Reed in a cell.
Griffin says the prison in Stringtown is on lockdown status until further notice because of the stabbing. He says the Department of Corrections Internal Affairs Division is investigating the death.
Reed was serving a 22-year prison sentence for a first-degree manslaughter conviction out of Tulsa County. His release was scheduled for 2032.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 30612Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15589Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10266Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9653Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9634Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8172Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8167Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena