H: ° L: °,
Oklahoma jobless rate falls to 5.2 percent in November
The state added 2,700 jobs in the month, the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission reports.
Oklahoma's jobless rate fell 0.1 percentage point to 5.2 percent, the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission reported Friday.
The national unemployment rate was 7.7 percent in November.
The state's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate was down by 1.1 percentage points compared to November 2011.
The state added 2,700 jobs in November, a 0.1 percent gain in seasonally adjusted nonfarm employment, the commission's figures show. Government, construction and manufacturing registered the largest gains.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 42155Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15090Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9670Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8506Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8490Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7696Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7550Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena