Oklahoma man accused in killing served time for abusing victim
Jenna Flippo, 35, was found dead Saturday in front of her southwest Oklahoma City home. David Dean Nichols Jr., 40, was arrested on a murder complaint. Oklahoma City police said Flippo reported that Nichols made threatening phone calls to her in November.
The woman found dead Saturday in southwest Oklahoma City had been abused in 2005 by the man accused of killing her, and she told police he threatened her in November, court documents show.
Videoview all videos
May 3A Spencer man will spend the rest of his life in prison...
Jan 7The name of a woman slain over the weekend has been...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The body of Jenna Flippo, 35, was found about 2:30 a.m. on the front lawn of her home at 2831 SW 63, and the man accused of killing her was arrested about 8:30 a.m. Saturday at a Del City convenience store, police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said.
Police are waiting for the state medical examiner's office to determine cause of death, Wardlow said, but the incident report indicated there were lacerations to Flippo's body. It was the first homicide of the year in Oklahoma City.
After being treated for cuts on his hands, David Dean Nichols Jr., 40, was arrested on a murder complaint and booked into the Oklahoma County jail, Wardlow said.
Flippo told police on Nov. 17 she received threatening phone calls from Nichols, who was her common law ex-husband, and he threatened to burn down her house and everyone in it.
She said he was upset that she left their children with her current husband while she was at work, according to an incident report.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad