Oklahoma man accused in killing served time for abusing victim
Jenna Flippo, 35, was found dead Saturday in front of her southwest Oklahoma City home. David Dean Nichols Jr., 40, was arrested on a murder complaint. Oklahoma City police said Flippo reported that Nichols made threatening phone calls to her in November.
The woman found dead Saturday in southwest Oklahoma City had been abused in 2005 by the man accused of killing her, and she told police he threatened her in November, court documents show.
Videoview all videos
May 3A Spencer man will spend the rest of his life in prison...
Jan 7The name of a woman slain over the weekend has been...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The body of Jenna Flippo, 35, was found about 2:30 a.m. on the front lawn of her home at 2831 SW 63, and the man accused of killing her was arrested about 8:30 a.m. Saturday at a Del City convenience store, police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said.
Police are waiting for the state medical examiner's office to determine cause of death, Wardlow said, but the incident report indicated there were lacerations to Flippo's body. It was the first homicide of the year in Oklahoma City.
After being treated for cuts on his hands, David Dean Nichols Jr., 40, was arrested on a murder complaint and booked into the Oklahoma County jail, Wardlow said.
Flippo told police on Nov. 17 she received threatening phone calls from Nichols, who was her common law ex-husband, and he threatened to burn down her house and everyone in it.
She said he was upset that she left their children with her current husband while she was at work, according to an incident report.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments