Oklahoma man accused of abusing 8-month-old girl left in his care
John McLaughlin, 22, was jailed in Oklahoma County without bail after an 8-month-old girl was hospitalized in critical condition.
A man is accused of physically abusing an 8-month-old girl left in his care, court papers show.
John McLaughlin, 22, was arrested Saturday at a residence in the 1100 block of Anita Avenue on a child abuse complaint after an infant was hospitalized in critical condition with multiple skull fractures and bleeding on the brain, police reported in a probable cause affidavit.
The child's mother told police she left her with McLaughlin from 9:20 to 10:20 p.m. Friday. The woman found bruising on the girl's face and head when she returned, according to the affidavit.
Four adult witnesses said the child was awake and uninjured when she was left with McLaughlin, police reported.
The child's condition was not immediately available Tuesday.
McLaughlin is being held without bail in the Oklahoma County jail, records show.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad