Oklahoma man allegedly beats son over Bedlam allegiance
A Perkins man accused of beating his 9-year-old son because he told classmates that he liked the University of Oklahoma better than Oklahoma State University has been charged with one count of child abuse, according to KOCO.com.
The station reports that investigators found severe bruising on the child’s back, buttocks and legs.
Gannon Mendez, 42, is also accused of chopping up soap and pushing it into his son's lip, causing it the bleed, KOCO reports.
In 2011, foxsports.com reported that Gannon Mendez, a 40-year-old sales representative for Scientific Resources, Inc., and a golf club dealer for Cobra Golf, had refused to talk with Oklahoma State University about allegations that he provided impermissible extra benefits to Cowboys football players,including star wide receiver Justin Blackmon.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 60552Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32931Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 31925Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 12639Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8214Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5947Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3659Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman