Oklahoma man allegedly beats son over Bedlam allegiance
A Perkins man accused of beating his 9-year-old son because he told classmates that he liked the University of Oklahoma better than Oklahoma State University has been charged with one count of child abuse, according to KOCO.com.
The station reports that investigators found severe bruising on the child’s back, buttocks and legs.
Gannon Mendez, 42, is also accused of chopping up soap and pushing it into his son's lip, causing it the bleed, KOCO reports.
In 2011, foxsports.com reported that Gannon Mendez, a 40-year-old sales representative for Scientific Resources, Inc., and a golf club dealer for Cobra Golf, had refused to talk with Oklahoma State University about allegations that he provided impermissible extra benefits to Cowboys football players,including star wide receiver Justin Blackmon.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims