Oklahoma man attacked by pit bull; Neighbor fatally stabs dog
SAND SPRINGS — A Sand Springs man exiting his basement-level apartment was attacked by his upstairs neighbor’s pit bull on Tuesday, authorities said. Sheriff’s deputies are investigating the incident after another neighbor fatally stabbed the dog.
Jeremy Byrd, 31, was leaving his apartment in the 800 block of Long Street around 10:30 p.m. when his upstairs neighbor’s pit bull latched onto his left arm, said Tulsa County Sheriff’s Major Shannon Clark.
When Byrd was unable to free himself, he dragged himself and the dog to a neighboring house for help, Clark said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14558OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11841Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8216Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6574Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6065Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5464Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4374Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?