Oklahoma man charged in crude oil thefts
Yukon resident Mark Dale Bass Jr. has been charged with stealing crude oil.
“We're following up on leads that we have,” Ward said.
Bass, who is free after posting $30,000 bail, is due back in court Jan. 30.
His attorney, Chris Sloan, declined to comment on the case.
Bass is accused of stealing oil from well sites belonging to three different energy companies in August and September. Authorities also followed him to a Grady County site owned by Edmond's Spring Energy Co.
Bass could face additional charges in other counties. Authorities are investigating thefts in at least six counties.
Canadian County prosecutors also have begun proceedings to seize Bass' truck, a 2001 Peterbilt with a 150-barrel tank trailer.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 18669Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9301Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7759Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6777UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6417Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed