Oklahoma man dies after rolling truck, OHP says
YALE (AP) — The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says a Yale man has died after he rolled his pickup truck while driving in circles in a rural Payne County field.
Authorities say 48-year-old William Taylor was “doing donuts” in his pickup truck on Monday when he lost control of his vehicle in the soft sand of the field. Authorities say Taylor's truck rolled over and he was pinned for about 1.5 hours.
The highway patrol says Taylor died Wednesday afternoon at a hospital.
A passenger was not injured.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort