Oklahoma man dies after rolling truck, OHP says
YALE (AP) — The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says a Yale man has died after he rolled his pickup truck while driving in circles in a rural Payne County field.
Authorities say 48-year-old William Taylor was “doing donuts” in his pickup truck on Monday when he lost control of his vehicle in the soft sand of the field. Authorities say Taylor's truck rolled over and he was pinned for about 1.5 hours.
The highway patrol says Taylor died Wednesday afternoon at a hospital.
A passenger was not injured.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11884OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10282Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7018Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5955Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5764Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4633Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4517Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers