Oklahoma man dies after rolling truck, OHP says
YALE (AP) — The Oklahoma Highway Patrol says a Yale man has died after he rolled his pickup truck while driving in circles in a rural Payne County field.
Authorities say 48-year-old William Taylor was “doing donuts” in his pickup truck on Monday when he lost control of his vehicle in the soft sand of the field. Authorities say Taylor's truck rolled over and he was pinned for about 1.5 hours.
The highway patrol says Taylor died Wednesday afternoon at a hospital.
A passenger was not injured.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 71664Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31265Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29267Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 20588Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6679Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6629Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6010Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond