Oklahoma man fatally shot after pointing gun at officers
PRYOR -- Authorities shot to death a man who fled police after being involved in a stolen vehicle crash Thursday, Mayes County Sheriff Frank Cantey said.
Dustin Shirrel, 30 of Tahlequah, was killed about 12:10 p.m. after pointing a 9 mm pistol at an employee of the Grand River Dam Authority, Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper and Mayes County deputy behind the Oakwood Acres housing addition south of Pryor, Cantey said.
It was not immediately clear if Shirrel shot at any of the officers, the sheriff said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14038Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9697OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6648Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5284Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5183Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5164OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5129Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater