Oklahoma man says his missing wife may have connection to prostitution
Justin Adams, whose wife, Jaymie, was reported missing Dec. 10, says the Oklahoma woman may have been involved in prostitution on Craigslist.
BLANCHARD — The husband of a missing pregnant woman said his wife was using Craigslist to meet other men and may have been engaged in prostitution, the man's lawyer told The Oklahoman.
Jaymie Adams, 25, was reported missing by her husband at 5 a.m. Dec. 10, according to an Oklahoma City police report.
The pregnant woman's husband, Justin Adams, is the last known person to see her alive.
The couple were married in February, court records show.
Irven Box, the husband's attorney, said his client initially was leery of speaking with police because Jaymie Adams was “involved with some kind of online prostitution ... on Craiglist, I think.”
“He was trying to protect her, initially, because of that,” Box said of his client. “But yes, we think all of this may have to do with Craigslist ... or someone she met there.”
Jennifer Wardlow, an Oklahoma City police spokeswoman, said the department couldn't comment on the potential Craigslist connection.
“It's not something we can talk about right now,” she said.
According to the missing persons report filed Dec. 10 by Justin Adams, his wife was going to the McDonald's restaurant at SE 29 and Douglas to meet “a friend,” some time after 11 p.m. Dec. 9.
When asked by police who his wife was meeting, Justin Adams told the responding officer that he didn't know.
He said Jaymie Adams sent a text message to him when she arrived at the restaurant but that was the last he heard from her.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments