Oklahoma man sentenced to 245 years for child abuse
POTEAU — A man in LeFlore County accused of sexually abusing and neglecting his children has been convicted on multiple counts and sentenced to 245 years in prison.
Jurors on Friday convicted the man of three counts of child sexual abuse and nine counts of child neglect. For the abuse counts, jurors sentenced him to 50, 60 and 45 years, plus 10 years each for the neglect counts.
The Associated Press isn't naming the 62-year-old defendant to protect the identities of the nine children involved.
A local newspaper reports the children, ages 3 to 17 in 2011, were found living in filthy conditions in a camper with their parents.
Last week, the 41-year-old mother entered no contest pleas to similar charges. She is to be sentenced Feb. 22.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14891OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9440Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6703Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6232Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6155Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6060Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4124As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in