Oklahoma man set to die for couple's shooting deaths
McALESTER — An Oklahoma death row inmate is scheduled to die for the 1993 shooting deaths of an Oklahoma City couple during a home invasion on the city's south side.
McALESTER — An Oklahoma death row inmate is scheduled to die for the 1993 shooting deaths of an Oklahoma City couple during a home invasion.
NewsOK Related Articles
George Ochoa is to receive a lethal injection Tuesday evening at the Oklahoma State Penitentiary in McAlester for the killings of Francisco Morales and Maria Yanez. Both were shot multiple times, and three of the couple's children were in the house at the time of the shootings.
A federal appeals court on Monday rejected arguments that Ochoa is mentally unfit to be executed and challenging the state's procedure for determining sanity. Ochoa has a request for a stay pending before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Prison officials say Ochoa has asked for a last meal of a large Coke and a large meat lover's pizza.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press..
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14439Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9547Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7937Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7761Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6962Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6428Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6287Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister