Oklahoma man who shot attacking pit bull saved lives, police say
Tulsa police credit a man who distracted and shot a dog that brutally attacked two women Tuesday morning with saving their lives.
The women suffered "extensive dog bite wounds to their faces, arms and legs" and were transported by EMSA to St. John Medical Center, Officer Leland Ashley said. One of the victims, Irene Parker, 78, underwent extensive surgery that took four hours.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The other victim was a 43-year-old woman whose name has not been released. Both women were in critical condition Tuesday night.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims